Soya Daal Vada
A perfect accompaniment for tea . It is made with a coarsely blended batter of Chana dal & healthy soya keema, perked up with green chillies, onions, dhania seeds, etc., this type of Vada has a wonderfully crunchy texture and stimulating flavour.
1/2 cup chana dal (split bengal gram) , soaked for 3 hours and drained
1/4 cup boiled soya keema
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tbsp roasted and crushed coriander (dhania) seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1/2 tsp Jeeral seeds
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil for deep-frying
Serve with traditional Coriander green chutney
- Combine the Chana dal and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 37 mm. (1½”) diameter round, flat vada.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few vadas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.