SMOKY CHICKEN BIRYANI
“BY GOD BIRYANI NAAM SUNKE JO KHUSHI HOTI HAI NA WO LAFZO ME BAYAN NAHI KI JAA SAKTI”😋😋😋
In short we can say,
HAPPINESS IS BIRYANI😋😋😋
BIRYANI IS DERIVED FROM THE PERSIAN WORD “BIRIAN” WHICH MEANS ” FRIED BEFORE COOKING”.
“CUISINES LEAVES IT’S OWN IMPRINT ON HISTORY”
And this gives reason that BIRYANI has a beautiful Shahi Mughal History.
ONE BEAUTIFUL INTERESTING STORY TRACES THE ORIGINS OF THE DISH TO MUMTAZ MAHAL. SHAH JAHAN’S QUEEN WHO INSPIRED THE TAJ MAHAL. IT IS SAID THAT ONCE SHE VISITED ARMY BARRACKS AND FOUND ARMY PERSONNEL UNDER- NOURISHED. SHE ASKED CHEF TO PREPARE A SPECIAL DISH WHICH PROVIDED BALANCED NUTRITION, AND THUS BIRYANI WAS CREATED.
So what are we waiting for???
Let’s go into the shahi world and cook smoky chicken biryani.
✔ 3 table spoon oil
✔1 kg chicken
✔5 finely chopped onions
✔ 3 chopped tomatoes
✔1/2 cup coriander leaves
✔ 2 green chillies
✔ 3 boiled bedki mirchi
✔ Inch of ginger
✔4 pieces of garlic
✔2 bay leaves
✔3 black pepper
✔1 cup curd
✔1 tea spoon red chilly powder
✔1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
✔1/2 tea spoon coriander powder
✔1/2 tea spoon garam masala
( partly cut)
✔ 1 kg rice
✔ 2 cups of water
✔ 2 pieces of charcoal( koyla)
✔ Orange and green food colour
1)Grind coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, 1 tomato, curd, green chilly and boiled bedki mirchi in a mixer.
1)Heat oil nicely in a vessel. Then put this chopped onion. Fry it till it gets dark brown. Now remove all this fried onion in one dry plate and leave very little in it for further cooking. This fried onions are called ” BRISHTA”
2) Add this masala in it and stir it well.
3) Add 2 chopped tomatoes, black pepper and stir it well. Add salt as per taste. Add garam masala powder , red chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
4) Now put chicken and potatoes and let it cook in slow flame for 10 minutes. After 10 mins add those cooked onions(Brishta);
NOTE (keep some brishta for garnishing aside) then stir it well, add 2 cups of water and again cook it for 40 minutes.
5) Now burn the charcoal in gas flame for 5 minutes. Take one small foil paper, put this charcoal in it. Put this foil paper in the vessel of chicken gravy you have prepared. Now put little oil in that charcoal and quickly close the vessel with plate. Leave it for 4 minutes. Heavy aromatic smokes comes out. Take that charcoal out.
Your smoky chicken biryani gravy is ready.
1) Take one vessel ,take quantity of water more than what you use for daily basis in it ; put salt as per taste.
2) Put bay leaves. Once this water gets boiled ;put rice and strain little water because of which rice is not sticky. Then let the rice get fully cooked. This was the reason why we used more water as we have to strain later on.
3) Now again stir the chicken well. Spread it nicely. Put this rice. Spread it all over gravy. Garnish with coriander leaves, chillies and bay leaves. Add colours. It can be of your choice😊😊
Your yummylicious smoky biryani is ready 😋😋😋
“For all those who are
please dont think that biryani always needs huge quantity of oil”
NOOO!!! NOT AT ALL
DO YOU KNOW WHY???Because in less quantity of oil, it will taste same.😋😋😋
SO BEAT THE HEAT OF SMOKY EFFECT BY MAKING CLASSIC AND EVERGREEN CUISINE HAPPINESS…OOPS I MEANT BIRYANI😊😊😋😋